Monday, December 27, 2004

Christmas Day - After going for a walk in Dow Park and looking at the remaining little snow piles, very little snow piles, Pat and I went to a board gamers meeting. We got there around 7:30 and stayed until nearly 5 AM. Games played were Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, Citadels, and War and Peace (Krieg und Frieden.) I won the last which was nobles building a cathedral. Pat was napping and did not play that last game. Citadels was a role game which seemed similar to a game I recieved free and either gave away or sold for a dollar. I have not played Puerto Rico in a long time and did not have a good strategy. The winner concentrated on money at the beginning and victory points in the middle and end. He had two quarries which I believe is the optimal number.


No comments: