Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Odds and Ends on Visual Media.

First - Two TV series that make me laugh out loud.


The canceled Firefly from Fox and BBC's Coupling.

Smart, sharp, and witty writing with unique characters and well-plotted shows.

The movie Serenity is a very good wrap-up for Firefly - should have done better at the box office but will be a long-time DVD hit.

Next - Other Movies

The Interpreter is not the type of movie I would go see but saw it on cable and it is a very intelligent crime/international politics/psychological drama - Recommended - Good.

I have been told I should see Donnie Darko as an interesting quirky film of either time-travel or schizophrenia but I don't know. Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind is more my speed for films I haven't seen yet.

Bad TV and MoviesStar Wars Holiday Special Sucks big time despite having Princess Leia braless.

Anything would be better than the worst thing to ever appear on TV.

Someone else agrees.

Stomp Tokyo pretty much agrees but rates it a bit better than the animated movie 1/2 of 'Lord of the Rings'.

No comments: