Sunday, January 20, 2008

Backup

New Jim Butcher Dresden Files related novella.

I love the opening.
Let's get something clear right up front.

I'm not Harry Dresden.

Harry's a wizard. A genuine, honest-to-goodness wizard. He's Gandalf on crack and an IV of Red Bull, with a big leather coat and a .44 revolver in his pocket. He'll spit in the eye of gods and demons alike if he thinks it needs to be done, and to hell with the consequences--and yet somehow my little brother manages to remain a decent human being.

I'll be damned if I know how.

But then, I'll be damned regardless.

My name is Thomas Raith, and I'm a monster
The Dresden Files are Jim Butcher's first published series, telling the story of Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, a wizard/private investigator with a listing in the Chicago phonebook. It was a pretty good but very short-lived Sci-Fi Network series that combined fantasy with hard-boiled detective fiction. It is available on DVD.

No comments: