Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sugar

Thinking about how I should get off of artificial sweeteners I wondered which would be OK on my healthy heart diet. I discovered Stevia has a glycemic index of 0, no effect on blood sugar levels. Stevia is the very sweet South American plant. They have a Stevia Plus with fiber packets at a lot of grocery stores now - video review.

More on Sweeteners and natural sweeteners.

Also this morning for breakfast I had a couple tabs of 85% cocoa dark chocolate, 1 gram sugar per tab. Someone explored chocolate zen with 99% pure cocoa. A Houston chocolate and wine and cheese tasting. For breakfast I also had some raw sunflower kernals - nothing special.

Something else sweet - a tribute to Marilyn Monroe by Lindsey Lohan. What better way to celebrate sobriety than to pretend you are a naked dead superstar?

No comments: