Friday, March 14, 2008

Buffy explores her bi-side

NYT - Experimenting in Bed When Not After Vampires

A spectrum of sexuality (by Suzie)

Newsarama: Buffy the Vampire Slayer #12.In the issue, Buffy, after suffering from pangs of guilt (anyone she loves is hurt) and loneliness, Buffy has sex with Satsu, one of the new Slayers who’d admitted previously that she is in love with her (in issue #3, it was Satsu’s kiss that awoke Buffy from a “Sleeping Beauty” spell – a kiss of true love).

Joss Whedon: I created her 20 years ago when I first got out of college. It took me a long time to write the screenplay, and then, obviously, a long time to see the screenplay turn into a movie, and then a longer time for a movie to turn into a series. It’s been with me all the time. I like her. I like her world, and I’m not tired of it. I’m always going to be excited about my new stuff, and always will be, but she’s an old friend. I don’t have a lot of those.

In other media news, Chance Fortune and the Outlaws is being developed for the movie screen.

No comments: