Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Pico de Gallo
PICO DE GALLO
Probably the most basic salsa, pico de gallo, should be served as soon as it is made. It does not improve with standing.
The recipe makes about one cup, but this chunky and easy salsa can be doubled or adjusted to your personal taste.
* 1 large ripe tomato, seeded and chopped
* 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet white onion
* 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
* 1 - 2 jalapeño or serrano chile, finely chopped, or more to taste (seeding is optional -- Remember, the heat is in the seeds and ribs.)
* 1 garlic clove, minced
* 1 tbsp olive oil
* 1 tsp fresh lime juice, or more to taste
* a dash of sea salt
Stir all ingredients together in a bowl, season with coarse salt, and serve immediately.