Monday, April 28, 2008

Last Weekend Updated

A map of modern literary genre.

Amy S wrote about attending the Nebula Awards in Austin, which I had mentioned in my Notebook were last weekend. She wrote about Michael Chabon receiving an award and I admit my mind went blank. Turns out that is the great writer of Kavalier & Clay. This year his novel The Yiddish Policemen's Union won.

Looking him up his website opens with a cool map of the borders of modern genre writing. Cool, but is Mystery really surrounded by the a sea of Modernism? Not sure I would do the cartography of modern literature that way.


Other Nebula winners are here.

I was thinking that Alexis Glynn Latner, the cute and talented SF writer at Rice U., also wrote that she would be attending but I see it was the not so cute to me Jayme Lynn Blaschke.

And I had decided not to go why?

Oh yes, saving money for the Texas State Democratic Party Convention in Austin in June and for maybe getting a room for ApolloCon and still thinking about attending the Netroots Nation Convention in Austin.

This is my first dual post to LiveJournal and Blogger. Now if I twitter and update Facebook I will truly be the modern connected geek - if I posted this from a Blackberry. Let me throw in a link to this from my busiest blog and I'm done.

No comments: